Do you have students on your caseload that have been working on the /r/ sound without much success? In this episode, I discuss 8 tips for teaching the R sound in speech therapy. I brainstormed with some of my SLP friends and we came up with these ideas for you to use in your therapy sessions to help with that stubborn /r/ sound! Please check below to learn more about the SLPs that were mentioned in this episode. Don’t forget to download your FREE no print mini with minimal pairs for working on auditory discrimination when introducing the /r/ sound.
Links and resources mentioned in this podcast:
- No Print Mini: /R/ Minimal Pairs FREEBIE
- Tracy Willock-Morlan Gold Country SLP (store link: http://bit.ly/2nTekL5)
- Karen Krogg from The Pedi Speechie (store link: http://bit.ly/2nAOAXU)
- Lisa Erwin from My Speech Tools (store link: http://bit.ly/2nphhX5)
- Donna Miazga from Badger State Speechy (store link: http://bit.ly/2nSQrmI)
- Lindsey Ethington from Speechy Things (store link: http://bit.ly/2nb6v6e)
- Hooway for Wodney Wat
- The Pirate Who Couldn’t Say Arrr!